The mission of the International OCD Foundation is to help individuals with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and related disorders to live full and productive lives. Our aim is to increase access to effective treatment, end the stigma associated with mental health issues, and foster a community for those affected by OCD and the professionals who treat them. Learn more at iocdf.org.
About the Organization
The International OCD Foundation is a donor-supported nonprofit organization. Founded in 1986 by a small group of individuals with OCD, the Foundation has grown into a international membership-based organization serving a broad community of individuals with OCD and related disorders, their family members and loved ones, and mental health professionals and researchers. We have affiliates in 22 states and territories in the US, in addition to partnerships with other OCD organizations around the world.
The Foundation aims to improve outcomes for individuals with OCD and related disorders by:
- Providing resources and support for those affected by OCD, including individuals with OCD and related disorders, their family members, friends, and loved ones.
- Increasing access to effective treatment through:
- Educating mental health professionals about evidence-based treatments.
- Providing a forum for professional collaboration and networking.
- Supporting research into the causes of and treatments for OCD and related disorders.
- Promoting awareness about OCD and related disorders to the OCD community and the general public.